12.7.2011

I won't mind

Kun olin yhdeksännellä luokalla, isoveli antoi minulle joululahjaksi levyn yhtyeeltä, jonka olin aiemmin leimannut (kuuntelematta) vähän tylsäksi. Nyt sen levyn kannet on ehkä levyhyllyni kuluneimmat, rakkaudesta. Se on sellainen levy, jota kuunnellessa kasaan itseni ja elämäni hajanaisista palasista taas kokonaiseksi, riittäväksi. Ne palaset on esitetty niin kauniilla tavalla, että ei voi olla kaikesta kamalan surullinen, ei voi.

Koska

sorrow drips into your heart through a pinhole, 
just like a faucet that leaks and there is comfort in the sound

'cause in my head there's a greyhound station, 
where I send my thoughts to far-off destinations
so they may have a chance of finding a place 
where they're far more suited than here

alone on a train aimless in wonder,
an outdated map crumbled in my pocket
but I didn't care where I was going
'cause they're all different names for the same place


and all you see is where else you could be when you're at home
'cause out on the street are so many possibilities to not be alone


it stung like a violent wind that our memories depend
on a faulty camera in our minds
and I knew that you were a truth I would rather lose
than to have never lain beside at all


on the back of a motor bike
with your arms outstretched trying to take flight,
leaving everything behind
but even at our swiftest speed,
we couldn't break from the concrete 
in the city where we still reside



suffered a swift defeat,
I’ll endure countless repeats
the gift of memory's an awful curse,
with age it just gets much worse,
But I won't mind,
I won't mind,
I won't mind,
I won't mind.


Ulkona sataa kaatamalla, on kuppi mansikkasitruunavanilja-vihreääteetä (jonka paketin kannessa on tuollaiset salaperäiset lauseet joista pidän) ja levy, kaunis aamu.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti